Thursday, September 24, 2009

The LOVE

I sure don't understand people saying they think it is icky to say they are "in love" with the Lord. Have we reduced the word "Love" and "in love" so much that it is a bad thing to be in Love with Love?

1 John 4:16 We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.

How could I not be in love with the One who said in John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends," and then did just that. He called me friend, wow!!!!

Semantics, maybe, but I don't understand how its OK to say I am in love with my wife, but not in love with Love, with the One Who gave His life for me, Whose Words uphold creation, Who is the Creator of all things, love being one of those all things!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with what you're saying - but I think the people who think it's "icky" are talking more about the lack-of-respectfulness that comes with the over used phrase "in love". The ushy-gooshy, isn't-it-fabulous, mountaintop-high of "in-love" doesn't convey the type of love that our Savior has for us.

    While I am in complete agreement with the meaning behind what you say... our culture has changed the phrase "in-love" to mean that superficial kind of lust that comes at the beginning of a relationship.

    But I guess that's why you said it might just be semantics :-)

    ReplyDelete