Friday, December 17, 2010

Heavenly Daddy

I'm studying the amazing grace of my Lord. I believe I had a basic understanding, as one saved by grace, but I am learning so much more about the depths of the Father's love in providing this Grace. But, let me say, don't take my word for it, research it for you own.

I find myself in my soul crying out to Him, "Thank You Heavenly Daddy!" as if I am finally seeing Him as a loving Dad, Daddy, Father who has an amazing love for me. Not a father who is distant and waiting behind the clouds, observing my screw ups, so that when they reach a certain level He can reach down and thump me.

You see, He put the thumping on Jesus, so that I wouldn't have to endure it. Thank you Daddy Jesus for loving me, and enduring it for me. Oh man, it brought tears to my eyes as I wrote that.

You see, I remember hearing the statement "Daddy Jesus" in a prayer from my sister-in-law, Melissa, when she was leading a group of children, a few years ago. I believe she had, has an understanding of the amazing love our Heavenly Daddy has for us. I believe she is also a great representation of this love for so many people who come in contact with her.

I thank Him daily for placing people in my life that help me in my walk, who share there knowledge of Him with me and others, so that we can better grasp that He...Is... LOVE! And that is what He wants us to do, love Him and share that love with others!

1 comment: