Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Light

Just went down and gave the Lord some of my time. 

It's funny how immature I feel in my prayer life, but I know He hears me and He knows my heart. I also know I need to and want to give Him more if my day, Christ is an amazing example of spending time with the Father.   

As I was sitting on the end of the pier, sun shining, wind blowing, and so much other beauty to see, I was amazed.  He created all this and created me and He loves me. It is my desire that others know that He loves them too.

Yesterday, I had a wonderful conversation with a man, and we were talking about our children. He described the process of adoption and how it was initially difficult, because he is in a same sex relationship.  He then went on to talk about a friend, she is a believer, and though there is so much more to this story, one portion of it struck my soul. 

He described a time when, for whatever reason, she had said she loved him. His question to her was, how can you love me, if you are a Christian and I'm gay?

First, her response was beautiful, "there is nowhere that Jesus tells me to hate anyone." But the question speaks to a problem. 

In his life he had obviously been on the malicious end of some statements made by believers. So, my question is, where was the demonstration of the love of the Lord in the terrible words this man has endured. Why would he desire be like anyone who would demonstrate such a lack of love in their heart. 

There is a pretty powerful statement in scripture, 

John 3:16
For God So Loved the World 

16 “For God so loved the world,   that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. 

For God so loved the world, again, the world...not...loved the self righteous people who do everything perfect with never a mistake. 

Romans 5:8
8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 

So God loves us all. Sinners and saints. He sent His son for us all, sinners and saints. By the way, before being a saint, one would have to be a sinner, right?  We are to be the light of Christ to the world, not darkness to those who don't believe. 

So to this man and others like him, I want to say, God loves you and sent His son for you, too!

Read about Him and His love for the you in the Bible.  It is a beautiful manuscript about the One Who is Love. When you seek Him, you will find Him. 

And my prayer is that the Lord would place followers of Christ in you path, who demonstrate His love for you. 

2 comments: