Saturday, June 22, 2013

My Neighbors

This morning I read a portion of the book of Mark, responded to some schoolwork on-line, and then listened to the book of Numbers while mowing the yard. 

The reading and the listening have impacted my thoughts so much! 

It was during the time of mowing that I felt compelled to write the following:

From the beginning to the end of the Bible, which I believe to be the Word of God, I am directed not to seek revenge, but to love my neighbor as myself. I believe I have failed in this regard, and so have many others of those I call my brothers and sisters.

So as one who claims to have faith in Jesus Christ, as one who is only a small part of the larger portion of the followers of Christ, called the body of Christ, I would like to seek your forgiveness for any physical or verbal wrong done to you by one who claims to follow Christ. The one I claim to follow loves us all so much, that He gave His life so that we might have an eternal relationship with Him. He takes us just as we are, regardless of our gender, our sexuality, our faith, our age, our weight, our height, our selfishness, our hatred or any number of whatever reason one may have given for acting inappropriately towards you. If we claim to follow Him, we should act like Him in demonstrating love to our neighbors, and so I apologize for the acts of hatred towards you, and ask you to please forgive us all.

If you feel compelled, or even if you don’t, would you send me an email to,  burnslmt@gmail.com ? Would you let me know what is going on in your world, so that I could pray for you, for those around you, and for whoever may be causing or has caused you harm?

I love you, and I am sorry for the pain.

Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment