Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Fulfillment

Jesus brought in a new agreement with mankind (covenant) when He offered Himself, once for all, as a sacrifice on the cross. His sacrifice and the blood He shed resulted in cleansing of all sins, for all people, for all time, past-present-future. It was a one-time event, pleasing to the Lord God Almighty. I am not washed in the blood of Christ; the blood of Christ was required once, only once-for all, as mentioned above. There is no more blood to shed, it is no longer required; Christ’s sacrifice paid in full the ransom required on that day. There is no power in the blood, because the blood of that day is no more, it was cleaned from Him as he was prepared for burial. The power is in the perfect will of the Father, which was accomplished through His Son Jesus Christ, when Christ gave Himself as the perfect sacrifice. It is our faith in Christ, the work He accomplished in His life, death, and resurrection, which results in our salvation. We have no more work required, the old agreement is fulfilled, because He finished the work, and He is now sitting at the right hand of the Father.

I was perfectly reconciled with God at the moment I put my faith in Jesus Christ. I am not reconciled daily, each sin does not require another sacrifice, another request for forgiveness, or any work of mine for reconciliation. The work of Christ in His life, death, and resurrection accomplished the perfect will of God perfectly and completely.

To be sure, the works you accomplish will be evidence of the work He has accomplished and continues to do in your heart, but they are not a requirement for your eternal life spent with Him.

I would love to have discussion with you about what has been written above, whether you agree, disagree, or have no idea why I have written this. 

Let's have a conversation.

Larry

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff!! I love it and believe it with all my heart. I'm so thankful that my sins are gone, my debts been paid and forgiveness is complete. Thanks Larry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you,Friend, for your efforts in my life!

    ReplyDelete