Tuesday, July 14, 2009

He knows my steps

Or as today would have it, He knows my swim. I was swimming out in the bay by my hotel and was amazed at God's creation, and it occurred to me that God knew I would take this swim today and see His glory in His creation. He knew I would see that hermit crab, which looks so tiny in that shell, and yet appears to be ten times bigger when it comes out. He knew I would see the little sting ray that made me nervous, thoughts of the Crocodile Hunter! And so many other fish that I am amazed to see in the “wild.” To know that God created those things for a purpose, and wonder, in awe, what that purpose might be! That He spoke the hermit crab into being, that He made the sting ray with His words. That He knew I would see them today, before I was born! Simply Amazing!

And then my mind went to deeper thoughts, no really, deeper thoughts, Ha! I felt more comfortable in the shallow water, like I had some kind of control over my safety as long as I didn’t get to deep. Christ is the Living Water, and I think about how often I want to stay in the shallow end, like I might have a little control over things in my life. Just think the vastness of the ocean if you just get out a little deeper, and can see all it has to offer. So why not do that with the Living Water! I need to get deeper to submerse myself in His Love, and trust that He will, and does protect me when I just have the faith to have a deeper relationship with Him.

Not all my thoughts for the day, but enough for my first attempt at a blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment