Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Faith

Last night I read a blog of a friend who I consider a great mentor to a great many people and to me. It had to do with Faith and works, and it’s been on my mind a lot, though I choose today to only write about the Faith part.

It all started last week when I was playing softball, and after I hit the ball I started to sprint, yes I said started, and then it felt like my right calf had been hit harder than I had hit the ball! So after several days of recovery, I finally made an appointment with the Doc to have it checked out.

I began to wonder, what if I had the faith to pray and my leg would be healed, but 1Cor 12:7-9 says “But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit; to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit.” And in verse 11 “But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.” It is so easy for me to doubt my faith when I pray for healing, and it doesn’t happen before my eyes. Healing is a gift of the Spirit given to whom He sees fit. I need not question my faith, just because I don’t have this or that gift according to MY will.

There is one item of Faith, though, that I know to have eternal consequence. And that is “do I believe that Christ is the Messiah” no matter what my situation. Whether I am walking with or without a limp, whether my sick leave is used up and I run out of savings, whether I ever get to fly again for a living for whatever reason, do I believe that the God of the universe sent His Son to die on the cross so that I could have a personal relationship with Him now and for eternity. And the answer is…absolutely, positively, YESSSSSSSSSS!

I believe the scriptures are the living Word of God: that Christ prayed for me as John 17:20 in the NLT says “I am praying not only for these disciples, but also for all who will ever believe in me because of their testimony.” That is you and me He’s praying for and I am amazed by it! And in John 20:29 Jesus said to Thomas, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.” That is you and me too, praise the Lord! Christ said I am blessed!!!! My faith is in Him!!

So no matter what the circumstance, who is your faith in?

No comments:

Post a Comment