Friday, November 15, 2013

Psalm 2 and John 1:2-3

As I read the Psalms to prepare my heart for learning I am amazed at what I see.

Psalm 2:10-11 So now, you kings, do what is wise; you rulers of the earth, submit to correction! Serve the Lord in fear! Repent in terror!

The Lord desires all rulers of the earth to submit to Him. What would the earth look like if this were the case? What would the world look like if those who follow Christ took the Gospel to all of the nations, and the whole population of the earth submitted to Him?

And then I read;

John 1:2-3 The Word was with God in the beginning. All things were created by him, and apart from him not one thing was created that has been created.

These two verses read very similar to;

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

This is more supporting evidence for the Word being fully God. All things were created by the Word, not one thing was not created by Him, and Genesis 1:1 says God created the heavens and the earth. So, once again, the Word is God.

Creator of heaven and earth, and all things created. Thank you for the wonder you have given me this morning for you! What must it have been like to create something from nothing? What must it have been like? Was there a great noise, or was it all just there? Did you toss the whole universe out like the dust on a dry day, or one moment there was nothing and then there was a whole lot of something in all the right places? When I think of how I can only make and mold things from what you have already created, I am struck to a point of no words! And if you can create something from nothing, it gives me hope that you can and will create in me a clean heart, and I am so thankful!


Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment