Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Quiet Time

The Lord is greater than my words can say right now!

Today, I restart on an adventure of quiet time with Him to start my day. I am amazed at the amount of interruption I experience in my mind during the “quiet” time!

Today, I felt like turning to Psalm 101. I don’t know why, I just did, and it is the Word, so I knew it would be good, and it is and was.

It starts like this “I will sing about loyalty and justice! To you, O Lord, I will sing praises.” Well, isn’t that appropriate for a heart that lacks praises for my Lord and Savior. It goes on to say, “I will walk in the way of integrity. When will you come for me? I will conduct my business with integrity in the midst of my house.” Is this a challenge for me at times! And later it says, “I will not even consider doing what is dishonest. I hate doing evil; I will have no part of it.” My desire is to have the character of the writer of this Psalm.

It is only because of the Spirit within me, that becoming more like my savior is possible. Lord, I ask you for what I know you have already done for me, please, help me to hear your prompting throughout the day, and give me strength act in a way that will glorify you in all things.


Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment