Friday, November 22, 2013

PSALM 7 AND JOHN 1:18

Psalm 7:9 May the evil deeds of the wicked come to an end! But make the innocent secure, O righteous God, you who examine inner thoughts and motives!

What a humbling thought; something I know, but to read it again…He knows my inner thoughts and motives, and yet He loves me! Sometimes I wonder if I even know my motives. What must it be like? What would it be like to have the purest intention in all of my thoughts and actions?

John 1:18 No one has ever seen God. The only one, himself God, who is in closest fellowship with the Father, has made God known.

Jesus, the only one, the Word, the Light, himself God, has made God known! Well then, I want to know more about Him. I want to know more about Jesus, and therefore God! I want Him to know me! I want to be His child! He has given me so much to think about and read about in His written Word, the Bible.

Goodness Lord, I know I need You throughout my day. Thank you for loving me in the midst of my selfishness. Guide me in my daily listening to Your Spirit, so that my motives may be pure. Lord I want to know You more. Help me to see You in my reading, in my daily living, in the glory that You say Your creation declares about You! I find myself at a loss for words, so I will be silent…


Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment