Thursday, November 14, 2013

Psalms and John

I’ve thought about going thru the book of John. As I said before, I struggle with praise for my Lord throughout the day, so I will read a Psalm to see the wonderful examples of how praise Him in the Psalms, and then read John to learn more about Him.

I will write the portion of the book I have read, what I have observed, and how my heart is moved by my time in the Word. I do not plan to look at other books during this quiet time, but to focus on what has been read in the Psalms and John.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was fully God.

For a time long ago, that I cannot imagine, was the Word. At this point in the book, I cannot know who or what the Word is, but I know there must be a reason for this writing. The Word was with God. This means that God was in the beginning, too, which means a long time ago.

And the Word was fully God. This seems a bit perplexing to me. But…if the Word was fully God, then is God fully the Word? I need to keep this in mind when reading the remainder of this book, or any book of the Bible. The Word was fully God.

Lord, I thank You for Your written Word, and for the Word I am about to learn more about. I ask You for Your help and wisdom to be able to grasp what Your intent is in the words You have written in this book. Lord, I need You to help me learn to praise You. Please, help me to glorify to You, by learning more about You.


Larry

No comments:

Post a Comment